Friday 18 April 2014

Kellie Lewis - Working Hard Music Video Look

Kellie Lewis' "Working Hard"




A few months back I was lucky enough to get to meet and do makeup for Kellie Lewis, a contestant on The Voice of Ireland.
I love these kinds of jobs because everyone involved is so into what they're doing that it never feels like work.
Kellie is insanely talented and was so fun to work with, so funny! She's also quite into makeup which was great as I can talk about eyeshadow and lipstick all day long haha!

The video was shot in Miss Daisy Blue ,hair and styling was by the amazing Tommy Heffernan and photography and video were done by Kachmarsky Photographer.

Kellie has huge blue eyes so I wanted to make them stand out as much as possible while still keeping it chic so I used a yellow-gold shadow all over the lid and blended a slightly darker brown through the socket and just under the eye to keep it bright but still a little edgy. I used the Sleek Makeup Sunset Palette which is just amazing.
I then blended a little bronzer over the brown through the socket to warm it up and add depth, I believe it was Benefit's Hoola Bronzer.
To keep it chic, I lined the eyes in a semi cat like shape, getting right into the top inner corner and extending the outer corners slightly using Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil in Jet as it's a super long lasting but creamy pencil that's really black and fantastic.
I added a few coats of mascara and added a few Liz Martin's individual lashes.
I kept the brows pared back slightly, just brushing them into place with Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel which does not budge!






Skin was kept flawless but light using a mixture of Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation shades, concealer was used sparingly, with emphasis under the eyes and I used the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer  (again in a mixture of shades). I contoured with Illamasqua Disobey Powder Blush and set everything with some Chanel transparent loose powder.

On the lips, I used a mix of coral and pink shades, which was custom mixed on the day from various MAC shades.

For Kellie's guitarist Ben, I used Revlon Colorstay Foundation in the Dry Skin formulation to even out any discoloration and under the eyes lightly, and set with powder.










Check out the video below!






No comments:

Post a Comment