Tuesday 18 February 2014

Hello!
Continuing with my series of Editorials I worked on as Fashion & Beauty Editor of Motley Magazine, was this fun shoot with Anuzis Photography (www.facebook.com/AnuzisPhotography) and a new alternative model agency called Vanity Vague. (www.vanityvague.com)


This was more of a stylist job for me, though I did do makeup, or rather Male Grooming on model Robert with Vanity Vague using their in-house makeup artist for Ciara's makeup and hair.

For the shoot, I wanted the style to be quite easy but in a punky kind of way, almost like models off duty, quite youthful and fun. Kind of street, I've seen a lot of kids (well people in their early 20's but kids to me!) looking great, really different but not overly done or too try hard,like they just swapped clothes and put on whatever from thrift stores and vintage markets so I tried to capture that.

Robert's tee and bag are both TOPSHOP (obsessed with that shirt!) and his jeans and boots are his own.



For the grooming, I kept it very light with some highlighting concealer under the eyes (a MAC Prep and Prime product!) and used a regular concealer on any redness etc. (MAC Studio Finish in NC15).
I emphasized Robert's already amazing cheekbones, the contour of the eyes and around the perimeter of the face using Illamasqua's "Disobey" powder blush and smoothed a small amount of the highlighting concealer I'd used under the eyes onto the top of the cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose. I also patted a small amount on the inner corners of the eye to brighten that area a little.
For brows I used a little Illamasqua Clear Brow Gel (fantastic budge proof product, highly recommend!) then curled Rob's lashes, not using mascara or anything as I felt it was unnecessary.


Top: Stylists Own.
Chain and Jeans (just seen): Model's Own





Mustard Bunny Top: Amity Cork
Leather Skirt: TOPSHOP


Navy Sparkle Coat: TOPSHOP
Skirt and Heels: Model's Own.




Bag: As before (TOPSHOP)
Cardigan: Vintage (Robert's own)
Belt: Model Agency MUA's own.
Jewellery and Heels: Model's own.



















Robert: All Clothes and Jewellery are model's own.
Ciara: As before.

Thanks for stopping by!

LxK

No comments:

Post a Comment