Tuesday 18 February 2014

Hello!

The third issue of Motley Magazine (www.uccmotley.ie) I worked on as Fashion & Beauty Editor was another studio shoot, this time done in the amazing Origin Hair Design Academy (www.facebook.com/originhairdesign).
There was no theme really outside of an glamour that wasn't too high maintenance!
The models for the shoot were Mairead and Kayleigh both with Lockdown Models (www.facebook.com/lockdownmodelagency) ,who were styled for the shoot by Alexandra Frahill and the photographer was the amazing Amy Frahill!

This shoot was SO much fun, the team just really gelled and everyone was in a funny kind of mood, which was in no small way helped by the wall of heads-weaing-wigs which sits in the studio.

For the makeup, when I thought glamour, I thought "Red Lip" and so I went with it, adding a glistening, glittery eye in a silvery tone.
I kept the skin light, glowing and defined to allow the lip and eye to stand out.

Both looks were essentially the same makeup, just a few changes to the foundation and concealer shades.

 Face was Maybelline's FIT ME Liquid foundation, and concealer.
I contoured using Illamasqua Cream Pigment in "Hollow" and added NARS blush to the cheeks (I think it may have been "Orgasm")
Brows were lightly filled in with MAC "Fling" and/or "Lingering" eyebrow pencils where needed.
On the eyes, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base, then filled in the lid with a silvery/grey liquid glitter I mixed using some glitter sealant/adhesive.
I shaded the socket using Benefit's "Hoola" bronzer, and swept a little mixed with a cooler toned matte brown shadow under the eye.
On the lips, I used a mixture of various MAC lipsticks in varying degrees of red, I know I used "Dubonnet" and "Ruby Woo" as they are near one another in my lip palette haha!
I loaded up a lip brush and really pressed the colour into the lips to create a lived in effect (something I'm quite fond of!) and then defined the edges very slightly with my fingers for a kind of unkempt look without being too trashy.
I finished with a curl of the lashes, a slick of Maybelline Great Lash Mascara and some loose Powder.



Maired wears;
Top: Amity Cork
Skirt: TOPSHOP



Maroon gown: Amity Cork



Black Shawl/Top and Baroque Jeans: Amity Cork.
Jewellery: Azure Cork.
Shoes: Model's Own.




Sequinned Top: Mercury Goes Retrograde.





Necklace: Azure Jeweellery
Denim Shirt: Mercury Goes Retrograde
Velvet One-Piece: TOPSHOP

This shoot was a blast, there are some really funny behind the scenes too!

Getting Kayleigh's base down.
(Photo from my Instagram)


Photo by Alexandra Frahill


Photo from Kayleigh's Instagram


Wigs!
(Photo from Kayleigh's Instagram)


Photo from Kayleigh's Instagram.


LOLS with Kayleigh
(Photo from Kayleigh's Instagram)


SO funny!


The Hillbilly Family Folk Band.
Coming to a town near you!

Thanks for stopping by!

LxK

No comments:

Post a Comment