Wednesday 12 March 2014

 Hello!

Moving on to issue 5 of Motley, we were super lucky to shoot at the STUNNING Hayfield Manor Hotel (www.hayfieldmanor,ie).
The grounds of the Hotel are just fantastic, the staff were extremely helpful, polite and courteous and the room we were given to shoot was incredible. The room even came with a lovely pet fish named Pedro who makes a cameo in the first shot below!
He was such a pro.

The theme for this shoot was inspired by glamor and beauty, particularly from older Hollywood movies and TV shows. I very much wanted to make it a modern look with certain nods to various actresses, models and photographers.
I'd been looking through a lot of old photos and campaigns and I kept thinking that the women looked SO beautiful and otherworldly, and that was something I wanted to capture, that almost magical aspect.
Not too sure if I get too into these concepts but it is my job at the end of the day, even if everyone in the room is blinking at me in disbelief haha!

The model was the super lovely and talented Emma and the photographer was Michal Zagorski (www.michalzagorski.com) who is beyond talented, a phenomenal eye.

The makeup was an array of purple products in a variety of textures. I think if you're going to stick to one color mixing texture is important.
I prepped the skin with moisturizer which was Embryollise Lait Creme Concentrate (http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/embryolisse-laboratories-lait-creme-concentre.html) and buffed Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation (www.illamasqua.com) in a mix of shades onto Emma's skin and used a light Make Up Forever HD concealer as a natural highlight under the eyes and a different, more skin-tone matched shade on anywhere I felt needed extra coverage.

On the eyes I used a Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre in Illusoire as a base. A fantastically nuanced browny/purple shade with shimmery particles which is amazing alone but works so well as a base too!
Over the top I blended several shades from MAC, including Stars N Rockets, Shadowy Lady and Beauty Marked working the darker shades outwards in a wide, circular, upward shape. On the inner corners I used an Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice (I believe) and layered a yellow/orangey gold shadow from the Sleek iDivine palette in Sunset (www.sleekmakeup.com).
I also blended the faintest bit of bronzer through the crease to add a little warmth and depth and as you may realise at this point, I quite like a grungey, unpolished makeup!

For the rest of the face, I contoured with my trusty Cream Pigment in Hollow from Illamasqua, seriously it's incredible on fair skins as a contour and brilliant on all skin types as a cream shadow/ eye primer for neutral, nude looks! (http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/hollow-cream-pigment)
I used a small amount of NARS Orgasm blush right on the apples of the cheeks and blended lightly to point to a lot of screen sirens of old off duty I had seen pictures of, the shimmer helped it look a little more modern.
I intensified the highlight I had gotten on the cheekbones with some MAC Silver Dusk iridescent powder (http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/159/595/Iridescent-PowderLoose/index.tmpl?LOCALE=en_CA)which I am obsessed with!

Finishing off with the lip, I outlined Emma's lips in a pale, cool toned pink pencil that I believe was from NYX (looking through my kit, can't remember the exact name!) and finished up with one of my favorite lip products, Sleek's Pout Paints! This time in the shade Mauve Over I believe!




I




No comments:

Post a Comment